On June 24, 2020, the German government passed a single-use plastic ban that will prohibit the sale and distribution of certain single-use plastic products, including disposable cutlery, drinking straws, stirrers and to-go products made of Styrofoam, from July 3, 2021 – a first step toward reducing single-use plastic across the EU. After that, fines of up to 100,000 euros can be imposed for violations. LIFE e.V. therefore recommends starting now to switch to reusable and to do without single-use. Motivate your customers to bring their own containers or establish a deposit pool system. We will be happy to support you!
A FAQ from the BMU on the topic: https://www.bmu.de/gesetz/verordnung-ueber-das-verbot-des-inverkehrbringens-von-bestimmten-einwegkunststoffprodukten-und-von-pr/
Move something big with us.
Our survey in the Berlin-Mitte district, with 34 establishments questioned, revealed that almost every catering business also gets its income from out-of-home sales. 85 percent of the businesses would be willing to offer their products in reusable containers instead of disposable ones. We will be happy to advise you on the options for using reusable products listed on these pages. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to qualify for one of 30 free marketing cooperations. The aim of the cooperation is to help companies switch completely or partially to reusable products.
Your advantages of cooperation
- Increase in sales through targeted marketing campaigns
- Gaining new customers and securing regular customers
- Organizational and financial support of marketing campaigns
- Professional advice on packaging topics
- Sustainable savings in the purchase of packaging and in disposal
- Image enhancement through more sustainable packaging
Contents of cooperation
- Implementation of a joint marketing campaign to attract customers, for example
- Discount campaign (discounts for customers who order food or drinks with reusable containers. The discounts are financed by us)
- Carrot mob (we call on customers via social media to increase their consumption of food/drinks in reusable containers during a specific/short period of time and invite the press to the campaign).
- Instagram competition (customers can win a prize provided by us if they promote your restaurant in relation to reusable use on Instagram).
- Training on hygiene regulations
- Intensive support by our trained staff throughout the entire cooperation period.
- A small or medium-sized company based in Berlin-Mitte
- Sales of out-of-home products such as coffee-to-go, delivery service or take-away meals
- Willingness to implement reusable action recommendations.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is 31.03.2021. It is worthwhile to apply early, as cooperation partners can already be determined before the deadline.
Stimmen Ihrer Kund*innen
„Das Nutzen von Mehrweg-Behältern ist mir unangenehm da es oft abgelehnt wird.“
„Ich nutze bisher keine Mehrweg-Behälter, weil ich noch nicht daran gedacht habe und kein Pfandsystem in den Restaurants angeboten werden.“
„Ich würde gerne Pfand-Mehrwegsysteme nutzen, wenn es viele Abgabestationen gäbe.“
Helfen Sie mit, den Verpackungsmüll in Berlin-Mitte zu reduzieren! Wir unterstützen Sie dabei gern!